Some advertising ideas:
- Postings through the local community center
- Church bulletin boards
- Pay kids to spread flyers across the land
- Get stickers and hand them out like candy (needs new logo)
- Go to hackery-events, pass around brochures. (brochure in member files)
- The Hippo and Broadcaster would probably be glad to do a story on us. Telegraph was huge success.
Things to do right away:
- Create a one page 8x11 that can be posted anywhere members see fit.
- Contact public access and ask about advertising time.
Ideas about relationships to start forming with local community organizations and local outlets:
- Technical High Schools
- Local post-seconday
- Look for members in meetup.com groups + create meetup.com group
- 2600 group meetups
We need to discuss how we can involve children and students in activities at MakeIt. My first instinct is through classes but maybe a child/supervisor membership level or events just for families.
Todo note: Need to make accounts on vimeo and eventbrite. Board needs access to twitter and youtube accounts.