Q: How does the printer read the STL file i have
A: It doesn't. It needs to be converted with a "slicer" to a X3G format. Follow these steps
1) download and install makeware, or use a computer in the clean space with makeware on it.
2) drag and drop open the STL in makeware
3) place the part on the platform in a way that will not require supports.
4) use a raft or supports if step 3 is not possible. overhang / supports video
5) follow the guide in 2. CAM for FDD, and 3. FDM Print Materials for what settings to use.
6) Preview the result and make sure it is the "thing"
7) Save the X3G file to a SD card.Export video