Not sure if it's Trash, Recycling or hidden treasure? You've come to the right place.
- Trash is emptied once a month.
- Remember that the Trash dumpster is not for your personal trash from home.
- If a trashcan is full, or near full, please empty it into the dumpster.
- If throwing out cups/etc please empty liquid out of it first
- If you're not sure if it's trash, ASK! (See "Hoarding and Purging")
- Regular recyclables go in the recycling dumpster, NOT THE TRASH
- Includes cans, bottles, paper, cardboard, etc. Does not include E-waste
- Please flatten all boxes before putting them in the recycling dumpster, it saves tons of space
- E-waste (circuit boards, etc) goes in the E-waste container
- If the E-waste container is full, contact the Board via email or Slack
Hoarding and Purging
Please keep the following in mind, depending on which activity you're doing...
- We can't save everything. If it's only useful to you, maybe you should keep it at your place.
- Put it someplace logical, and for the love of cake label it if you can. We don't all know what it is.
- If it's useful for a tool/space/etc let the Resource Manager know it's there. They may not know!
- Do we have lots of it already? Do we really need more?
- One Member's trash is another Member's Treasure.
- If you don't know what it is, ASK! Use Slack (#whydowehavethis) with a photo, or ask a Resource Manager
- Your organizational system may not be the same as everyone else's. "Unsorted" may actually be sorted...
- If you're mid-clean/purge/etc and have to leave it for a bit, let people know. People complain less that way.
- Check with a Resource Manager first if you have some awesome idea for helping organize their space
- If you need help organizing something, or coming up with a system to hold it, ask!