The Manuals only covers the start of using this resource. Training needs to be completed before access is granted.
The MDX-15 from Roland allow ideas to take shape. Easy-to-use and compatible with many popular 2D/3D CAD software programs (autocad, solidworks, eagle). There are 3 ways to use this end mill:
1) scanner object -> DXF file
2) 3D object create STL (or DXF) -> object ( molds for lost wax, lost foam)
3) 2D object create from any document though the print driver ( circuit boards ).
A USB to DB25 cable system is provided.
Since the RTS/CTS lines are used, when setting up a new serial port enable Hardware handshake for the port used.
The roland uses a USB to serial 9 Pin and this cable ( Belkin F2L044-06 ) for the roland MDX-xx series:
There are 2 ways to send to the roland:
1) CAM (Fusion360 and others) and Dropout, or
2) use roland's "modela player" all in one CAM / printrun
Fusion360 has a post processor for RML1 (roland's version of Gcode).
Click the link for "search for posts in online lib" in fusion's CAM setup.
Use the latest Roland RML post. Change the MDX15 or 20 to Yes.
Make sure the units are milameters.