Overview, Prusa i3 Mk3
The Prusa i3 MK3 is very easy to use and very reliable if treated properly. Filament changes are simple, and the PEI coated bed is secured magnetically to the printer, allowing it to easily be lifted off and flexed to remove difficult parts - no scraping required ( no sharp tools allowed! ).
Requirements to use the printer:
1) A member of Makeit Labs in good standing
2) trained for the FDM printing, A hands-on intro to the machine that can also be arranged.
3) Read the Manual and this wiki.
4) Demonstration of skill to the RM or instructor.
5) use only supplies provided or recommended.
6) report any issues by email, note, or in person.
Steps you must follow to use this printer
The steps you must follow when using this printer:
Slice the file using the provided Cura profile or Simplify 3D profile (coming soon)
Move the file to the printer (SD card (now) or Octoprint (mid-December, instructions on the way))
Turn on the printer
CLEAN/PREPARE THE BED
Print the part
Wait for the bed to cool to <35 degrees
Remove the part ( flex it off the sheet, no scraping!)
CLEAN THE BED
Unload any non-PLA filament
Turn off printer if no one is waiting to use it