4. CAM Slicing with MakerBot Print
Q: How does the printer read the STL file i have
A: It doesn't. It needs to be converted with a "slicer" to a X3G format. Follow these steps
1) a. download and install MakerBot Print software, or
b. use a computer in the clean space with MakerBot Print on it.
2) drag and drop or open the STL. Then place the part on the platform (click and drag).
Note: placing the part anywhere but the center is helpful for built plate wear leveling.
3) Orientation the part so that it will not require supports or provide the best strength or achieve the best detail.
6 ) Adjust the size if needed.
7) Preview the result and make sure it is the "thing"
10) Eject the SD card ready for use with the printer.